The Stars and Stripes Tournament took place last night, now in it’s fourteenth year, this event is also known as “The Feel Good Tournament” as people don’t compete to win stuff, but rather to give it away, especially need children. One of the main beneficiaries of this tournament is Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Orange County. The event came to an end last night, with a concert on the beach of the World Class Rockers, featuring artists from the bands of The Eagles (who of course sang Hotel California), Santana, Steppenwolf, Journey, Toto and Lynard Skynard…during the three day event over $1.8 million dollars was raised.
Five of our boats participated in this tournament and these were their results.
- “Rebecca” released two striped marlin
- “Valerie” released one striped marlin, caught two 20 lbs dorado and one yellow fin tuna.
- The Rasmussen family from Valencia, Ca released five striped marlin aboard “C- Rod”
- Gustavo Taeisen caught two yellow fin tunas aboard “Fearless”
- Kent Valley released two striped marlin aboard “Andale”